Nest was the first smart HVAC system on the market, and Honeywell burst onto the scene with their Lyric product a few years later. Today we look at the differences between the two smart thermostats.
- Lyric is more expensive (by about $20)
- Lyric has a forecast button on its fascia, showing what’s coming up over the next twelve hour period.
- Lyric’s system seems to suit those with less regular schedules.
- Nest’s Airwave system takes into account humidity to adjust the perceived temperature of the home.
- Lyric’s motion detector only works to light the thermostat’s UI up when you get close.
- While Nest learns patterns, Lyric’s home-away switching kicks in from day one.
- Lyric relies on geofencing to notice when the home occupants are “away”.
See larger image