Giving tinkerers the ability to build their own smart products has always been at the root of what Raspberry Pi is all about. This just recently got the abbreviation IoT attached to it, but building something akin to a “smart product” was usually the goal of many tech DIYers when building on top of the Raspberry Pi motherboard.
- Smart Toilet – This IoT Toilet uploads flush events and toilet paper roll change out events to Google Drive spreadsheet.
- Doorbell – Ahmad Khattab’s Internet doorbell can call your phone, send you a text, and stream video of who’s at the door.
- Temperature & Humidity Sensor
- Beekeeping Server
- Coffee Grinder & Brewer
- Programmable Microwave – Like high for 2 minutes, let stand 1 minute, medium 1 minutes…
- Christmas Lights – Make your neighbors love (or maybe hate) you.
Check out the video to the right to see how to get started developing on top of Raspberry Pi for your next IoT project.